Nigeria is launching its own Digital currency (eNaira) come October 1st. Brace up, Learn it and Use it

@stepharnite bcos they HV to build eNaira on other ecosystem. For example they will surely build eNaira on bantu blockchain and any other available blockchains.

U should be able to trade or swap other coin to eNaira and vise versa.

1 Like

Yeah, but they will have there own Blockchain I guess

@stepharnite sure they will but for now they don’t . Bcos of this they will surely need a blockchain to integrate the eNaira on. And I wish they go for bantu

1 Like

That will be cool boss, let us hope for the best :wink:

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is planning a huge redesign in the architecture of the financial system in Nigeria. Personally, I think abolition of the bureau de change is necessary for the upcoming rise of the eNaira (CBDC) . I believe that a single forex window that’ll be presented by CBDC, will eliminate the excesses of middlemen, safe the value of Naira and allow for available forex to be allocated productively using the official banking protocols.

2 Likes

Central Bank of Nigeria to Launch Speed Wallet
The users will be able to use the wallet in several tiers including citizens with no bank account.

3 Likes

The Nigerian government recently partnered with a Barbados-based FinTech company to work on its own CBDC project.

The eNaira is so complicated and is not favourable to us. I think the eNaira is design for the rich. U need to HV a specific huge amount of money in ur account before u will be able to operate eNaira

Where did you get the gist bro?

The CBN has gone ahead to name Friday, October 1, 2021, as its launch date for the e-Naira and also taken a further step by selecting a Barbados-based fintech firm, Bitt Inc. as its technical partner in developing its CBDC.

In all these, there have been questions around the CBN’s choice of Bitt Inc. as its technical partner. However, a closer look at InterStellar, the company that came second in the bid shows that it understands Africa better and most importantly, is the organisation behind Bantu, a public blockchain infrastructure, which is the first of its kind on the continent.

3 Likes

Tell us the source of your gist bro

The eNaira will create a lot of new businesses and new jobs in the crypto space. CBN is unknowingly helping to build the Crypto Economy Space. This is the truth of the matter. I am very clear about the complexities and what will happen.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/09/21/merchants-businesses-must-accept-e-naria-anywhere-its-presented-cbn /

1 Like

Can bantu pay wallet be configured to accept the eNaira? If this can be done ,it will be a great leap forward for #Bantu Blockchain Foundation :+1:

1 Like

I think that would probably be done because it is a stable coin just like USD

Same Naira.More Possibilities.

BantuPay can do alot of amazing things and its UX continues to improve everytime.

Stay tuned for what Bantu Blockchain & its Industry partners such as Sterling, Interstellar & the likes has in store with eNaira & various other curated assets & StableCoins

2 Likes

Saw it coming :joy_cat::joy_cat:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/09/30/cbn-postpones-the-launch-of-enaira/?amp=1

they cited enough reason… Naija my country

And here comes October 1st. Great Nation, Great Vision And Ofcourse, Bantu All The Way Up…:man_cartwheeling:t5::man_dancing:t4::dancer:

1 Like

I can’t stop laughing :rofl:

1 Like