Blockchain for Free and Fair Election

Watching how possible it is for people at the yesterday’s Abuja Bantu Hangout, to get Tokens in their wallet for coming to the event, just by scanning a barcode makes is truly amazing.
Those who truly want to empower the people via agriculture, trade, scholarship, etc now have what they need to remove the corruption that comes with lots of empowerment, loan disbursement, scholarship, grants and other humanitarian aids and support.
With barcodes, business owners does not need to watch their cash going into the pockets of sales people. Just put the barcode and price on the products and relax. Meanwhile, transaction is done in seconds on the Bantu Blockchain.
Most importantly, I believe we can use it for election. The money that goes into election is too much and wise leaders will look into the possibility of reducing it using technological innovation such as Bantu Blockchain.
I agree that not everyone of age 18 and above own smartphone but government can provide for the few who doesn’t have.
A barcode will be given to contestants and they can share it during their electioneering along with their programmes and their plans for the people.
People will surely compare and make their choice. There will never be ballots box snatchers again. There will never be business for thugs and election riggers. There will be minimal court cases. Mobilising security personnel for election as if they are going to war will no longer be necessary.
Since Blockchain data cannot be altered, then I believe we need it for proper election everywhere. In government, in professional body’s election, in students Union’s election, etc.
Let’s use technology to make life easy for everyone.

4 Likes

Much more interested in this… It will make payment easier

2 Likes

@Mrconfirm It’s possible. Nigeria’s faulty electoral process is a huge market friction worth over $1billion. Once the Electoral Law reform bill has been signed by the President, innovations to fix the market frictions will come into play…
I-Elect a blockchain based survey, election and polling ecosystem allowing anyone, anywhere to create, engage and educate online from digital device, gathering people powered data in a fully secure, easy and reliable way. I-elect effectively protects the identities of users anonymously and generating analyzed data for informed decisions through unique data algorithm.
I-Elect application has been used to successfully conduct Covenant University Alumni elections.
Watch out for I-elect team on BantuTalk Pitch Thursday
BantuTalk Pitch Thursday | Identify & Fix Frictions in your Industry / Community

5 Likes

I’m impressed by this. It will go along way in reducing election related death.

2 Likes

Block chain generally is tryna create a new world order o🌚. Watch the space sha but nevertheless, don’t fail to join the moving train b4 it’s gone

1 Like

@Mrconfirm i do recall @lusim91 mentioned during our bantu Community hour about USSD and hardware smart devices (tags, wristbands, cards) other than smart phones that are low cost, low bandwidth and can be used for offline communication.
Interested to see how Developers can build on Bantu such, so one can scan barcodes, check balances & send/receive without need of a phone.

1 Like

Good to be informed. I am very much here to enjoy the best.

1 Like